1 jar dill pickle spears
1 cup flour
1/2 cup plain yellow corn meal
1 tablespoon seasoned salt
1 cup milk
Vegetable Oil to cook in
Ranch Dressing for dipping
1. Pour vegetable oil to a depth of at least 1/2 inch in medium sized skillet and place over medium high heat. Drain pickles and place spears on paper towel lined plate to absorb moisture while you prepare breading.
2. Place corn meal in small bowl. Add 1/2 cup flour and seasoned salt. Stir until well combined. In separate bowl, pour remaining flour and place milk in third bowl.
3. Using your hands, dip a pickle into milk, then flour, then milk, then cornmeal breading. Repeat until all pickles are breaded.
4. Carefully place pickles into hot oil and cook until browned, stirring once if needed, about ten minutes.
5. Remove from skillet and place on paper towel lined plate. Allow to cool for a few minutes before serving with ranch dressing.
These are extremely hot inside for several minutes after cooking.
Makes about 8
You can also do this with dill pickle chips *
Recipe and image from http://www.southernplate.com/2012/06/fried-dill-pickles.html