Sunday, August 5, 2012

Mama's Goulash


I have recently created a 101 in 1001 and one of my goals is to try a new recipe every month for a year. So in honor of my goal I am going to post new and sometimes seasoned recipes. Hopefully when I'm looking to try something new, I can just come here and pick something out. Maybe you will too!

I have been craving some down home Southern food. When I went to J's house in Alabama, this is one of the first meals we ate so I'm really craving it. Thanks to Katherine at http://needsmore-butteryall.xanga.com/

#1: Mama's Goulash






You will need:
1 lb of hamburger meat
1 can of tomato sauce
1 cup of shells or pasta of your choice (elbow, bowties, ect.)
2 cups of water
Cumin, Garlic, Salt & Pepper to taste (about 1 tsp each)
Cheese
Bell pepper (if wanted)









1. Start off my browning your meat on medium high and cooking it through. If it has any fat, drain it off & place shells in the pan just to get them warm. Add chopped bell pepper too if desired.

2. Add spices, tomato sauce and water. Mix well and cover with lid. Lower head to medium low.

3. Allow pasta to cook through until soft, about 15 minutes or until your liking. Make sure there isn't a lot of broth left over. After pasta is done, add cheese (as much as you'd like), and cover once again to allow cheese to melt. Plate and serve.


I hope y'all enjoy this. I'm going to try it for dinner one night this week!

Ashley




No comments:

Post a Comment